The guidelines below have been approved by the Church Board and will be effective immediately:
- Initial cleaning of the entire church with a focus on disinfecting common areas and items that are touched frequently
- Hallways, all doors and handles (double check)
- Drinking fountain, turn off
- Remove all pens, pencils and any other item left out for common use
- Weekly cleaning of the Church will include disinfecting all surfaces in bathrooms and kitchen as well as doorknobs and commonly used surfaces
- Bob M. will provide individual bottles of cleaning solution and people using individual rooms should wipe down surfaces and door knobs in the rooms they use
PEOPLE CONTACT AND SIGNAGE
- We encourage No handshaking, hugging or other contact especially by greeters or ushers.
- The use of masks is also encouraged.
- Greeters or ushers to hold main doors open to reduce contact with door handles, direct
- people to take a seat
- Signs will be posted regarding no contact and remind people to maintain 6 foot distance
- The south end of the church and basement will not be used
- No food or beverages will be served
- Leaders, especially board members encourage people to follow the guidelines
- If you are sick, stay home.
WHAT WILL KARMEL DO FOR SERVICES?
- Services will continue outside weather permitting, otherwise they’ll be indoors
- An online Facebook live service will continue as well as available later on the website.
- Jason will continue to do his Facebook live brief messages during the week.
- When there is Communion, there will be individual cups for the bread and juice. Servers will wear masks. Preparation of the table will be done with masks and gloves. You’ll be instructed on the process, maintain social distance in line.
- No Nursery, Children’s Church or Early Childhood for summer
- Vulnerable people as defined by the CDC are encouraged to stay home and view services online
- No “hand offs” with microphones. No announcement person for the summer. Wipe down microphones after each service.
- Enter the sanctuary from the main front door or the northwest double doors. Do not mingle inside the narthex.
- Ushers will excuse people row by row and directed to an appropriate exit
- Offering plates will be available as you enter the sanctuary and by the northwest double doors. Online giving is highly encouraged.
- Bulletins will not be available announcements will be on the screen in the Sanctuary. You are encouraged to bring your own Bible to follow the Scripture text.
OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE COMING SUMMER MONTHS
- Small Groups that do meet should follow CDC Social Distancing Guideline- Board Meetings will resume in June but need to follow CDC Social Distancing Guidelines