The guidelines below have been approved by the Church Board and will be effective immediately:
Initial cleaning of the entire church with a focus on disinfecting common areas/items that are touched frequently.
- Hallways, all doors and handles (double check)
- Drinking fountain, turn off
- Remove all pens, pencils and any other item left out for common use
- Weekly cleaning of the Church will include disinfecting all surfaces in bathrooms and kitchen as well as doorknobs and commonly used surfaces
- Bob Mashuga will provide individual bottles of cleaning solution and people using individual rooms should wipe down surfaces and doorknobs in the rooms they use
CONTACT AND SIGNAGE AND EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- Pursuant to Governor Walz Executive Order 20-81 Minnesotans are required to wear a face covering in an indoor business or public indoor space, including when waiting outdoors to enter an indoor business or public indoor space.
- Pursuant to order 20-81 if you are exempt from wearing a face covering you do not need to disclose why you are exempt. If you are not wearing a face covering, we’ll assume you are exempt and you are welcome to worship with us.
- We encourage No handshaking, hugging or other contact especially by greeters or ushers.
- Greeters or ushers to hold main doors open to reduce contact with door handles, direct people to take a seat
- Signs will be posted regarding no contact and remind people to maintain 6 foot distance
- Beverages will be served
- Leaders, especially board members encourage people to follow the guidelines
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Our Facebook Live service will continue on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am and remain available later that day on our website at www.karmelcov.com
- Pastor Jason will continue to do his Facebook Live messages during the week
- For Communion there will be individual cups for the bread and juice. Servers will wear masks. Preparation of the table will be done with masks and gloves. You’ll be instructed on the process, maintain social distance in line.
- Nursery, Children’s Church or Early Childhood resume in October
- People defined as “Vulnerable” by the CDC are encouraged to stay home and view services online
- No “hand offs” with microphones. No announcement person for the summer. Wipe down mikes after each service.
- Enter the sanctuary from the main front door or the northwest double doors. Do not mingle inside the narthex.
- Offering plates will be available as you enter the sanctuary. Online giving is highly encouraged.
- BUlletins will be available as you walk into the church. Announcements and Music will be on the screen in the Sanctuary.